Sunday, October 26, 2014

Viruses and Popsicles



Prologue

 I'm so bored of really depressing posts. I suppose that is what you're going to get if you make the
topic "Fear". I just seems to me that even without a topic like fear there's always a way to make a post about something gloomy. So it must be true that I can make a post about fear that isn't depressing? Rather than dwelling on what I currently fear, let's figure out a few irrational things that I used to fear.



I used to be afraid of computer viruses. At one point I was convinced that it was some kind of disease that you could actually catch. Its origin probably rooted from those cheesy videos they used to show us in elementary school about computer/net safety. I have a vague memory  of a cartoon showing a kid sitting at his computer, while a dark murky cloud of something took over the screen. Good thing is that I now realize how irrational that was. Otherwise I wouldn't be typing this blog right now.
Maybe some day in the future there will be a computer virus that you can actually catch.



DUUN-DUUN-DUUUUUUUUUN. *Pause for effect.*


I was afraid of that cold feeling you get when you bite into Popsicle with your front teeth. I would very carefully bite it with the very backs of my teeth to ensure I didn't get that shock of cold pain. But that's probably how it is for everyone. They probably didn't fear it though.


At night right before you fall asleep I would listen to my own heartbeat. And I was afraid of it. Why is it so loud? Will it stop? What if it stops? When I was younger I hated laying on my side because, I could hear my heartbeat easier with my ear pressed against the pillow. And that repeated thumping made it extremely hard to sleep.



Thankfully, as all my irrational fear have passed so far. These ones did too.


Have a good day everyone.

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR POSTING SOMETHING FUNNY AND HAPPY. I felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to give everyone a break from the super depressing posts. this was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete