Sunday, November 2, 2014

Murphy's Law and Car Accidents

This is a very dangerous game.

 The chance of dying in a car accident is one out of 100. But that won't stop me from driving.

I don't know enough about death to be influenced by it. It just seems like a bad dream.

And dreams aren't all that bad once you wake up. Though I should know better.


I don't want to believe he's there. It must be the long willow tree branches. Softly knocking away at my window.  Urging to be let inside.

I still don't let death in.   He knocks

   And Knocks.

           And Knocks.

My teeth are clenched and my eyes are strained from forcing myself to blink. This is what happens every time I experience the new. My efforts are futile. I try to look composed and comfortable, but every last part of me screams to disappear. Like the winds of a soft summer day turned sour, corrupted by the murky overcast of a thunderstorm passing by. 


I want to go back to the familiar. 
Can I go back? 
Or will they think me stranger for doing so?

They want me to experiment, but I feel like Murphy's Law is in effect.
Everything that can go wrong will.
This is all too overwhelming. 

When I'm

Afraid,
 Confused,
  Embarrassed,
  Anxious,
 Timid,
Sad.


Not even death is a match for the monster of emotions that looms out in front of this path. 
Grim reaper Vs. My Feelings
And he's having trouble even putting up a fight. 



My chances of dying are just as good as yours are. It's all starting to sink in.

and I'm sinking. 

My hands are trembling.
The depths of depression are starting to take root. Before my head is completely taken by the madness that is inevitable.
My hands are trembling.


I don't want to have any regrets, so I might as well start checking a few things off this bucket list.
We aren't given a specific chance of dying. It is guaranteed that we will die, 100%.
We are given a chance at life, and we get to control the odds. 



So grab that magic 8-ball, and give it a whirl, because no matter the outcome,

It doesn't really matter. 



















2 comments:

  1. "Not even death is a match for the monster of emotions that looms out in front of this path. Grim reaper Vs. My Feelings. And he's having trouble even putting up a fight." That's amazing. That thought, it's poetry.
    And
    "We are given a chance at life, and we get to control the odds."
    This is a great reminder..

    ReplyDelete